How to cure diabetes is a common question asked by people who have a blood glucose level above 1.2g / L on an empty stomach. Type 2 diabetes, which is a disorder of the glucose mechanism, is a widespread disease that affects one in 11 people worldwide. All the scientific studies carried out among people with diabetes have underlined the existence of a very clear link between diabetes and cardiovascular accidents. This disease can have harmful consequences if it is not treated. So, protect yourself from the risks of complications and discover how to cure diabetes!
How to cure diabetes with herbal medicine?
It is possible to cure diabetes and control the blood glucose level by medicinal plants. Here are some examples:
- Ginseng: It has been proven that this plant improves insulin sensitivity in a considerable way. Ginseng can lower the blood glucose level by 20% if you consume 2 to 3g two hours before the meal.
- Sacred basil: this plant stimulates the secretion of insulin, which is why sacred basil is considered as one of the best antidiabetes treatments in several countries of the world and especially in India.
- The stevia rebaudiana : it is an extraordinary plant which has several medicinal virtues. It is able to stabilize the blood glucose level if it is consumed as an infusion or in the form of tablets.
- Psyllium: it has been shown that the consumption of 10g of psyllium daily can reduce the level of glucose and the rate of bad cholesterol, and cure diabetes naturally.
- Cinnamon : Consuming one to two grams of cinnamon a day can prevent type 2 diabetes and improve triglyceride levels in people with diabetes.
How to cure diabetes with a healthy lifestyle?
Do you know that sedentariness
is considered by the World Health Organization as one of the main risk factors
for type 2 diabetes? So if you want to cure diabetes or delay the onset of
this disease, it is important to move and do moderate physical activity to
stimulate glycemic control and lower glycated hemoglobin.
How to cure diabetes with drug treatments?
To cure type 2 diabetes, it is possible to use drugs that promote the secretion of insulin in an early stage. From the onset of diabetes, the doctor may prescribe metformin, which is one of the classic drugs recommended in early diabetes to optimize the action of insulin. If the disease is still evolving, it is possible in this case to use hypoglycemic sulfonamides that have a direct effect on the pancreas to promote the secretion of insulin. Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors are drugs that can be given in the third place if the symptoms of diabetes worsen. These drugs reduce the rate of absorption of carbohydrates in food.
Insulin injections come last in order to mitigate the decrease of natural production of this enzyme by the pancreas.
How to cure diabetes by changing dietary habits?
In order to control your blood glucose level, it is important to change your eating habits and calculate your needs. A diabetic person is expected to consume fewer carbohydrates and fat.
Remember that it is important for diabetics to:
- Never skip meals.
- Feed at regular times.
- Drink more than two liters of water.
- Consume high fiber foods.
- Eat foods with high antioxidant potential.
- Integrate hypoglycemic medicinal plants into the diet.
- Control your weight well and lose weight if the person is overweight.
- If you take insulin, you should always be careful not to make hypoglycaemia.